Tablo Communities is a place for writers and readers to connect with other Tablo users. It’s a place for members to share knowledge, make friends and connections, grow and improve their skills as writers and discover new books by emerging writers.
Members can join the community; create and comment on threaded Discussions; see upcoming Events in their area, or relevant to their interests; and discover Books written by other members.
Community Managers (CMs) will have access to a back-end admin site by logging in on the web. The admin site will allow CMs to moderate comments, send out emails to members and create events.
A Community Manager (CM) is the face of a community. They have been trained by Tablo, and have been provided with the tools and resources to help them engage with the community members, moderate discussions and members’ behaviour, and create content. Community Managers are ambassadors of Tablo, and passionate about fostering connections with other community members, either based on location, or shared interests.
A Community Ambassador (CA) is an early adopter of the community and some of Tablo’s most popular and frequent users.
A Member is a Tablo user who has joined a community. In order to join a community on Tablo, a member must first sign-up to Tablo.
Discussions are forum-style threaded posts that members can use to connect with and share experiences or advice with other members. Discussions are the main way for CMs to engage members.
Members of a community can add books to the community. These books must first be published to Tablo before they are able to be added to a community. Members are encouraged to add their books to the community when they first join.
- Encourage discussions between members, taking initiative to start these and to prompt people to get involved.
- Create and host events (online and/or offline) and contests/challenges.
- Create content—writing prompts, pinned rules, book club reviews, author interviews.
- Promote and share books and authors from the community outside of Tablo—across blogs, social media etc.
- Welcome new members.
- Curate content from the community by creating Collections, featuring top books, author Q&As, and featuring authors.
- Moderation: in charge of closing threads, removing comments, removing members, removing books.