This article will give you a general overview of how to use the AOL Mail Simple Mail Transfer Protocol server settings to set up your account. The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol server, or SMTP as it is more commonly known, is the server AOL uses to send email to your contact. IF you have any trouble sending email from your AOL account, you can call the AOL technical support number and consult a trained email expert to check the SMTP settings on your account.
Step to Configure AOL using SMTP Settings
The AOL configuration settings allow you to set up and link your AOL Mail account so that you can access your emails using a third party email client or application. Although the steps to set up AOL Mail using the SMTP settings depend on the device you’re the application you are using, you can refer to the basic steps mentioned below to configure your account:
· Step 1: Open the email client or application you are using to access AOL.
· Step 2: Go to the account settings and look for the ‘Add Account’ option.
· Step 3: Select the option that lets you manually set up your AOL account.
· Step 4: Enter your registered AOL email address and click ‘Continue.’
· Step 5: Ensure SSL encryption is enabled for incoming and outgoing mail.
· Step 6: Select the relevant mail protocol, i.e., POP3 or IMAP, and enter the server settings accordingly.
AOL Mail SMTP Settings
Even if the steps may differ depending on the device or the app you are using the AOL Mail SMTP server settings are the same no matter what. You can enter the SMTP server settings given below to finish setting up your AOL Mail account:
· SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
· SMTP username: AOL Mail screen name before "@aol.com."
· E.g.: if your address is ‘ABC@aol.com,’ then "ABC" is the screen name.
· Password: Your current AOL Mail password
· TLS/SSL required: Yes
If you have any trouble entering the AOL Mail SMTP server settings mentioned above, or if you find that AOL does not work even after entering the SMTP settings, you can call the AOL support phone number and consult a certified email expert who will be able to respond to all your queries. The customer support helpline number is available 24 hours a day so you can reach out to a professional email tech support representative whenever you need any technical assistance related to your AOL email account.
Source URL: Step to Configure AOL using SMTP Settings